Providing Operational Support to Investigators
services to stakeholders -- Quick Facts
- The NCECC functions as the point of contact for investigations related
to the sexual exploitation of children on the Internet in Canada .
- The NCECC is the main portal for all matters related to the sexual
exploitation of children on the Internet that are destined for international
agencies, as well as investigations and requests originating from foreign
agencies that are destined for domestic partners.
- The NCECC validates international requests and prepares and disseminates
comprehensive investigational packages to the proper jurisdiction within
- Relationships and collaborations with domestic and international
partners have been established to facilitate and support on-going investigations
and to provide a means of expediting sensitive and urgent requests
for the legal transmission of investigative material.
|Overview of the NCECC
The NCECC is part of the RCMP’s National Police Services, providing
services to the entire law enforcement community.
The NCECC is a national clearing house and coordination centre for all
international requests to conduct investigations in Canada related to child
sexual exploitation on the Internet. The NCECC helps develop policy and
provides many levels of support to law enforcement investigators across
Canada involved in files dealing with the sexual exploitation of children
on the Internet.
As part of the NCECC’s goal to support all front line law enforcement
officers across Canada who specialize in these types of crimes, the NCECC
identifies and provides strategic services to its partners.
The following types of strategic services are available:
- The NCECC helps to coordinate investigations in Canada and abroad
by establishing a network between law enforcement agencies across the
country and the world and acting as the hub for the network
- NCECC investigators and intelligence analysts collect intelligence
and help support investigations conducted by law enforcement partners
across the country.
- The NCECC can assist law enforcement officers with legislation,
treaties, extradition orders and statistics.
The NCECC works with other law enforcement agencies, NGO and the private
sector to coordinate efforts in combating the sexual exploitation of children
on the Internet.